TERMS & CONDITIONS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Nothing in these Terms and conditions is intended to limit, restrict, or modify any rights and guarantees that you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
The purchase of any travel services offered by International Holidays Ltd, authorised to trade as The Globus Family of Brands (which includes the authorisation to trade as Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways) (“The Company”) constitutes a contract between you (also referred to in these conditions as “traveller”) and The Company, and represents your acceptance of The Company’s terms and conditions as set out herein. Please ensure that you carefully read and understand these Terms and Conditions prior to booking. As the lead traveller, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and authorised to accept The Company’s Terms and Conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking, and you will be deemed to have accepted The Company’s terms and conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking. Unless expressly stated otherwise we will not change any Terms and Conditions for an existing travel service that has been paid for in full from The Company, and the Terms and Conditions that will apply to that travel service are the Terms and Conditions that applied at the time the travel service was paid for in full. However, The Company reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any other time, so you are advised to check The Company’s websites or to request the latest version of the Terms and Conditions from your Travel Agent or The Company prior to booking your holiday. In particular, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that the terms and conditions that we have in our printed brochures may not be the most recent version of our terms. In the event of inconsistency, unless stated otherwise, the version of the terms and conditions that is available online, will prevail.
Additional Terms and Conditions apply to group reservations. For group reservations, see your Travel Agent or phone 0800 000 883.
BEFORE YOU MAKE A BOOKING
Deposit and Final Payment
- Payment of the deposit confirms you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Except as provided in clause 7, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $250 per person per land tour (Globus, Cosmos, Monograms) and $500 per person per cruise (Avalon Waterways) is required for The Company to reserve space for you, with some exceptions as noted under the ‘Exceptions’ section. The deposit must be received within 7 days of booking. On certain departures, deposits and/or passport details may be required at time of booking to hold or to confirm space for you. Your reservation will be automatically cancelled if the deposit is not received by The Company by the deposit due date. Your booking is not confirmed and payment is not deemed made until the deposit is received by The Company and The Company sends a confirmation invoice to you. Any bookings made within 21 days of your departure from New Zealand will incur a late booking fee of $30 per transaction.
- For any holiday that features Intra-Air (internal flights within the holiday itinerary), except as provided in clause 7, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $500 per person per land tour (Globus, Cosmos, Monograms) and $1000 per person, per cruise (Avalon Waterways) is required within 7-days of booking.
- Payment of the balance in full must be received by The Company not less than 60 days prior to the commencement of services for land tours and not less than 90 days before the commencement of services for river cruises, with some exceptions as noted under the ‘Exceptions’ section below. For bookings made within these periods, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are cancelled if final payment is not received by The Company by the due date; cancellation fees apply, as noted under the ‘cancellation fees’ section. Cancellation charges are applied on the basis that they are a genuine pre-estimate of loss to The Company as it may not be possible to re-sell the bookings to another traveller at the same or any other price, and they are not intended to operate as a penalty. For group reservations, refer to the Group Policy, which will be provided to the group booking agent by The Company upon request and is also located on the Travel Agent Portal.
- The Company accepts payment via Enett, electronic fund transfer (EFT), cheque, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Merchant fees apply to purchases made by credit card.
- Please review and verify your booking invoice thoroughly and contact your Travel Agent or The Company immediately if your invoice appears to be incorrect or incomplete, as it may not be possible to make changes later. Subject to clause 132 The Company cannot accept responsibility if it is not notified of invoice inaccuracies within 5 days of sending out the invoice. Changes are subject to the fees noted in the “If you want to change or cancel your holiday” section. In the case of billing errors, The Company reserves the right to re-invoice you with correct pricing.
- Subject to clause 8 below, you have a cooling-off period of seven (7) days during which you may cancel your holiday. Your cancellation must be made in writing and received by The Company within the cooling-off period. The cooling-off period will commence on the first day following the day on which you book your holiday. If you cancel your holiday during the cooling-off period your deposit will be refunded and no cancellation fee will apply. If you do not cancel your holiday during the cooling-off period, then all other of these terms & conditions apply.
- No cooling-off period will apply to holidays booked less than 60 days before a scheduled land tour departure, and less than 90 days before a scheduled cruise departure, or earlier if specified for the particular holiday. For bookings made within these periods, payment in full is required at the time of booking.
- For Globus and Cosmos tours that include Oberammergau in 2020, an initial non-refundable deposit of $250 per person is required upon booking. For Avalon Waterways cruises that include Oberammergau in 2020, an initial non-refundable deposit of $500 per person is required upon booking. For all programs offered by The Company that include Oberammergau in 2020, in addition to the above, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $500 per person is due by 15 June 2019.
- For holidays that include Botswana, a $1,000 per person, non-refundable land deposit is required to reserve space for you. Final payment is due 90 days prior to the commencement of services.
- For Holidays that include the Galapagos Islands, final payment is due 90 days prior to the commencement of services.
- For holidays that include a Holland America or Celestyal Crystal cruise final payment is due 75 days prior to the commencement of services.
- For holidays Israel, Jordan and Greece, and Escapes by Globus, final payment is due 60 days prior to the commencement of services.
- For holidays that include the Rocky Mountaineer Train or Via Rail final payment is due 65 days prior to the commencement of services
- For all other holidays to Asia, Africa, Mexico and South & Central America final payment is due 60 days prior to the commencement of services.
- For South America holidays that include Norwegian Sun cruise full payment is due 110 days prior to departure
- From time-to-time the company will offer special discounts or promotions which may have different deposit or full payment conditions. See promotional material available or The Company websites for specific terms and conditions relating to these offers.
- Other deposit and final payment dates may apply to holidays offered by The Company including holidays referenced in brochures but do not have full dates & prices boxes. Please check with your Travel Agent or the Company prior to booking for the full Terms and Conditions of those holidays.
Air Travel Inclusive Holidays
- Additional taxes and fees may apply to your holiday price if your tour/cruise includes an intra-air portion (travel by air included within the itinerary). These taxes and fees may vary depending on your itinerary. Please ask your Travel Agent or a representative of The Company at time of reservation for more information. Please also refer to the "cancellation fees" section.
- All advertised holiday prices are based on rates (including foreign exchange rates) known at the time of publication, are expected to be in effect at the time of departure and do not include airfares except where specified. However subject to clause 22, prices may increase and we will notify you if such rates change prior to departure. Holiday prices are per person, based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Single room supplements are listed where applicable. Triple room reductions for land holidays are also listed where applicable, but are not available on cruises. Please call us for more information on rates. Not all accommodation types are available on all holidays.
- Prices will be confirmed at the time of reservation. Once The Company has received your full deposit for the current departure season, that price (excluding air travel) is guaranteed, and any subsequent land/cruise cost increases are at The Company’s expense, not including fuel surcharges, energy cost increases, air travel whilst on tour and/or any government tax increases. However, The Company reserves the right to change prices at any other time, please review Terms & Conditions each time prior to making a purchase.
- Future season departures (i.e. 2020) are subject to price and itinerary modifications. Full details will be available upon official release of the particular season. Following the date of the official release, for future season departures travellers have the right to cancel their reservation without penalty within 7 days in the event of a price increase or itinerary modifications (excluding holidays with Oberammergau in 2020). After the initial 7 day period standard cancellation conditions apply. Please check with your Travel Agent or a representative of The Company for more information. Holidays that include Oberammergau in 2020 are final and subject to full cancellation penalties.
Welcome back credit (repeat travellers)
- The Welcome Back Credit will be awarded upon completion of Globus family of brands holidays. Credit amount can only be applied to the land/cruise or cruise only portion of a new Globus family of brands holiday (excluding Escapes by Globus, 2020 Oberammergau, Monograms City Getaways, Select Cosmos Lite, and Custom/Charter holidays). Credit amount is per person and must be redeemed for a future holiday with a deposit within 2 years from date of credit issue. Bookings can be made by calling the Globus family of brands, or by contacting your preferred travel agent. Passenger name or past invoice number is required to redeem the credit. Combinable with all applicable consumer promotions except those with any Globus family of brands special discount programs of the holiday price. Credit is not redeemable for cash, non-refundable deposit, airfare, transfers, travel insurance, prepaid gratuities, pre/ post nights, or optional excursions and is non-transferrable. Valid for all participating Globus family of brands offices. Additional restrictions may apply
Travellers Who Need Special Assistance on Tours and/or Cruises
- You must report to The Company at the time of reservation any disability requiring special attention while on tour or on a cruise. The Company will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travellers, but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so; nor is The Company responsible for any denial of services by air carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers. The Company does not provide personal services (such as pushing a wheelchair, assisting with walking etc) or provide individual assistance to a holiday participant for walking, dining, getting on and off motor coaches, cruise ships and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion must accompany travellers who need such assistance and must assume full responsibility for their well-being.
- If we are not notified at time of reservation of any disability requiring special attention, The Company reserves the right to cancel your booking or terminate your holiday if your special needs or disabilities are not suitable for the holiday, pose a threat to the health and safety of other participants or The Company’s staff, are incompatible with other travellers or if you are not travelling with a companion who provides all the assistance you require. The company will not refund or cover any costs or expenses incurred for cancellation, booking or termination of the holiday. Clause 7, 8 and the ‘cancellation fees’ section will apply in these circumstances.
- Not all sightseeing stops/sites accommodate wheelchairs, and some locations and sightseeing activities require extensive standing, sitting, or walking—sometimes on unpaved or cobblestone streets. The Company will not refund or cover any cost or expense incurred for any missed activities due to a participant’s inability to fully participate with the group. Most transportation services, including the touring motorcoaches and cruise ships, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps.
- Some of our river cruise ships have elevators, however many of our small ships do not. Passengers requiring ship elevators should inquire before making reservations.
- Most stateroom and bathroom doors as well as restrooms are not wide enough to allow access by standard wheelchairs, and bathrooms and other doorways may be fitted with coamings.
- Motorised scooters and motorised wheelchairs are not suitable on international tours or cruises. Arrangements cannot be made to carry or use these on tour or cruise and if you bring one, you will be asked to make alternate arrangements for transporting the scooter to your end destination at your expense. Collapsible wheelchairs are permitted on board, but for safety reasons, the number The Company can accept is limited and wheelchair maximum size must not exceed 1030mm/40.55in length x 555mm/21.85in wide. You must notify The Company at the time of booking of your intention to bring a wheelchair to ensure The Company can accommodate within safety regulations. Otherwise, you and/or your wheelchair may not be permitted on board. There is no separate storage for wheelchairs; it must be kept in your room/stateroom. On river cruises, for safety reasons, passengers in wheelchairs cannot be carried on ramps in ports where the ship is at anchor.
Visas & Passports
- It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements necessary for your holiday. You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company is not responsible for providing specific visa and passport information or documentation, and The Company cannot accept liability for any traveller refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the traveller to carry correct documentation or adhere to specific entry and exit requirements.
- All travellers travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of the trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple-entry visas are required for some holidays. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
- Air-conditioning in hotels is not guaranteed and dependent upon local and national laws and regulations. Although hotels may have air-conditioning as a listed amenity, the usage of air-conditioning is often not available at night or from October-May. Other restrictions may apply. The Company has no control over air-conditioning restrictions and regulations.
Cosmos Guaranteed Share accommodations
- By selecting a share accommodation, you are authorizing Cosmos to match you with another traveller as your roommate for the duration of your vacation. The roommate pairing will be of the same sex and roommates will be assigned at time of travel. If no roommate pairing is available, you will receive the single accommodation at Cosmos’ expense. Share accommodations are not available on all holidays.
- Cosmos is not liable for any roommate pairing compatibility and, by accepting and purchasing a share accommodation, you waive Cosmos from all inherent risks in being assigned a roommate.
- Cosmos is not responsible for any disputes between roommates (such as sleep patterns, snoring, noise, etc.). Any dispute between roommates is your responsibility to resolve. During the vacation, alternate single arrangements, if available, may be secured but are never guaranteed. You are responsible for all expenses for any change in accommodation on tour and payment in full will be required immediately upon securing new accommodations.
- All shares are non-smoking.
- There are no share options on Cosmos Lite
Frequent Flyer & Hotel Reward Programs
- Frequent Flyer mileage accrual is at the discretion of the airline(s), and is not always granted for airfare purchased through The Company. You will need to contact the airline(s) directly for information on Frequent Flyer Programs and any applicable reward mile accrual. The Company cannot assist with this process. Where applicable cancellation fees will apply to all airfares, regardless of accrual grants. Please take this into consideration before purchasing airfares.
- Hotel rewards/points cannot be earned or redeemed with the hotels used by The Company.
- All Tour Directors, Cruise Directors, Local Hosts®, Local Guides, and ships’ crew speak English and all holiday commentary and instructions are conducted in English only. For your safety and enjoyment you must be able to read, understand and speak English.
- The cruise ships and motorcoaches do not have specialised facilities and/or treatments for childbirth, prenatal or early infant care on board and those facilities may also be unavailable at destinations visited or ports of call. The Company strongly urges pregnant travellers to consider the risks of travelling where necessary medical care for pregnancy may not be available and may not be reachable in a timely manner to address potential medical complications, problems and emergencies that can occur during pregnancy. Pregnant passengers past their sixth month of pregnancy cannot be accommodated. Please also note that airlines have specific pregnancy policies that restrict pregnant travellers on board past a certain date. Please check with the airline directly. Clause 7, 8 and "cancellation fees" section will apply where travel is cancelled because of issues associated with a traveller’s pregnancy.
- Travellers under 18 years old (or 21 years old for Alaska or Hawaii cruise holidays and/or any holiday including an overnight stay in Las Vegas) on the scheduled departure date must be accompanied by an adult and share the adult’s accommodation for the duration of the holiday. Interconnecting rooms are not guaranteed. There are no connecting cabins on Avalon Waterways.
- The following age restrictions apply to land tours and cruises:
- Globus and Cosmos escorted holidays: Children aged 8 years and over are eligible to travel. Travellers aged 8-17 receive a 10% discount on the base land holiday price, not including internal air travel. No young traveller discounts apply on holidays that include the Galapagos. The following restrictions apply for Globus Africa holidays:
- For holidays that include lodges/camps in Botswana, young travellers under 6 are not allowed.
- For holidays that include Victoria Falls Safari Club, young travellers under 10 are not allowed.
- For holidays that include Sanctuary Swala, young travellers under 6 are not allowed.
- Children under 8 years of age are eligible on Globus Private tours
- Monograms independent holidays: children of all ages are eligible to travel. Land arrangements for infants under two years of age are free of charge, providing parents pay hotels directly for special arrangements (eg. baby food, cot etc). In Europe, children aged 11 and under receive a 25% discount on the land tour price when sharing with an adult (not including internal air travel). Children aged 12-17 receive a 10% discount off the land tour price (not including internal air travel) when sharing accommodation with an adult. In South America, children aged 2-17 receive a 10% discount off the land tour price (not including internal air travel) when sharing accommodation with an adult.
- Avalon Waterways River cruises: children aged 8 years and over are eligible to travel. No young traveller discount applies.
- Young traveller discounts are based on the age of the traveller at the scheduled departure date.
- Due to heightened security, many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a person under the age of 18 years will be travelling with an adult other than his/her parents, or with only one parent, it is recommended that a notarised letter be written by the parents, or non-travelling parent, granting authorisation to travel, including the dates of travel. We suggest that you also contact the appropriate consulate and airlines because they may have additional requirements or recommendations.
Not Included in the Holiday Price
- The following charges are not included in the land/cruise holiday price, unless otherwise noted: airfares & airport taxes and fees (unless specified); airport transfers; passports; visas; vaccinations; tips to your Cruise/Tour Director, Tour Drivers (unless pre-paid, see below), Local Host, local city guides and/or ship personnel; gratuities on ferries, trains and cruise ships (except for Avalon European river cruises, where gratuities to Cruise Director and ship’s crew and port charges are included); laundry; telephone; mini-bar; alcohol (unless otherwise stated); beverages and food not on the contracted Globus, Cosmos, Monograms or Avalon Waterways menu as presented at a hotel, restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship or restaurant); optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations (and hotels for Cosmos Lite); SafetyNet Protection; insurance of any kind; baggage fees; and all other items of personal nature. Some South America countries (Argentina and Chile) require international travellers to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveller at time of travel. East Africa - Effective 1 July 2016, the Tanzania government implemented a new value added tax (VAT) on transportation and park fees. Due to this, surcharges (not currently included in the tour price) will apply. Information about these fees can be found in your travel documentation under the ‘Helpful hints and information’ section. For more information please see your Travel Agent.
Acceptance of Risk
- Please be aware that during your participation in holidays operated by The Company, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control, including but not limited to: the hazards of travelling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft, or other means of transportation; forces of nature; political unrest; acts of lawlessness or terrorism; and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. To the fullest extent permitted by law the Company will not be liable for the provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. While The Company will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken, by agreeing to participate in a holiday and/or optional excursions you agree that you will hold The Company harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered. The Company is not responsible for such risks and dangers that may arise beyond our control. Payment of your deposit indicates you accept these risks and dangers and to the fullest extent permitted by law you agree to hold The Company harmless for such.
Acceptance of Risk – Dietary requirements
- The Company will use its best efforts to cater for your special dietary requirements and allergies if you make them known to the Company. If you have any special dietary requirements please inform The Company in writing at the time of making your reservation. However, The Company cannot guarantee that certain products will not be in food served. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Company will not accept any liability in relation to any medical conditions, special dietary requirements and/or allergies of travellers, even if such conditions are listed in the Emergency Contact Details provided by the traveller. You must make your own decisions when selecting meals. The Company’s comments are only to assist you in making an informed decision.
Photographs or Pictures
- Photographs or pictures appearing in The Company brochures & websites should be used solely as an indication of facilities and attractions. Actual facilities and attractions may vary according to itinerary. Maps shown on the holiday pages are current at the time of printing and may not reflect the actual holiday routing should the itinerary change.
- No weapons of any type are permitted on any services offered by The Company at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, knives, mace, brass knuckles and other weapons of any type.
Personal Information Protection
- Some New Zealand and foreign government agencies require The Company to collect and pass on in advance of travel certain personal and other details related to you, including but not limited to government-issued identification and passport details. If you fail to supply the details, as requested, fully and accurately, your trip may be interrupted or cancelled. There are no refunds for failure to provide documentation or failure to provide documentation by the time required.
- We will use your personal information as collected during your booking or during online check-in to process your booking with our suppliers.These details include your full name, address, date of birth, passport number and expiration date, occupation, credit/debit card information and any disability, medical conditions or dietary restrictions disclosed to The Company for you and all your traveling party.
- It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other countries or authorities in which the data protection and privacy laws are less stringent. This may include requirements to pass details to our suppliers as well as certain governments or government appointed bodies, or agencies in the interest of security or because we are obliged to by law.By making a booking with The Company, you agree to The Company storing, using and passing on your personal information to third parties for reasons as stated in clauses 51-53. To the fullest extent permitted by law, The Company is not liable for the usage and loss of protection of that data following such disclosure.
BOOKING & PAYING FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
How To Make Your Reservation
- To make your reservation, see your Travel Agent or call The Company on 0800-000-883.
- If accepting the SafetyNet Protection Policy, the $75 SafetyNet Protection must be paid at the time of deposit and is payable per person, per booking and is non-refundable. The SafetyNet Transfer protection and SafetyNet Cancellation protection applies to the tour, associated pre/post accommodation and transfers booked directly with The Company (you may use ‘one’ of the two SafetyNet Protection policies only). The SafetyNet protection does not apply to airfares or any product purchased via another wholesale or retail supplier. The SafetyNet Protection does not apply to any service charge or cancellation fee charged to you by your Travel Agent and is not applicable for group bookings. Refer to specific SafetyNet protection conditions in our brochures or on our websites for full details on the use of the SafetyNet Protection policy. SafetyNet protection does not apply to group bookings.
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY
Cancellations and Cancellation Fees
- If cancellation is received in writing by The Company before the final payment due date of your holiday (or if final payment dates are not met as per clause 4 as modified by clause 8), the non-refundable deposit will be retained in addition to any airline-imposed fees or cancellation charges. If cancellation is received in writing by The Company after the final payment due date of your holiday, the below specified per person cancellation fees apply for individual reservations. The total price specified below does not include discounts, promotions, or special incentives. (For group reservations, refer to the Group Policy. SafetyNet Protection does not apply to Group Bookings.) No cancellation fee will apply to holidays cancelled within the cooling off period (see clause 7).
Standard Cancellation Fees for escorted and independent holidays (Excluding Escapes by Globus & Cosmos Lite):
• 60-22 days prior to scheduled departure: 20% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
• 21-8 days prior to scheduled departure: 30% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
• 7-1 days prior to scheduled departure: 50% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
• On scheduled departure day and later: 100% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
Standard Cancellation Fees for Avalon river cruise holidays:
• 90-60 days prior to scheduled departure: 35% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
• 59-30 days prior to scheduled departure: 50% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
• 29-1 days prior to scheduled departure: 80% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
• On scheduled departure day and later: 100% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
Standard Cancellation Fees for Cosmos Lite and Escapes by Globus holidays:
• 60-31 days prior to scheduled departure: 50% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
• 30-2 days prior to scheduled departure: 90% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
• 1 or less days prior to scheduled departure: 100% of total price* (including SafetyNet protection)
Exceptions to standard cancellation Fees:
For Globus and Cosmos tours that include Oberammergau in 2020, the following cancellation fees apply:
• 60-22 days prior to the commencement of services: 40% of total price*
• 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 60% of total price*
• 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 80% of total price*
• On departure date or later: 100% of total price*
For Avalon Waterways cruises that include Oberammergau 2020, the following cancellation fees apply:
• 90-60 days prior to the commencement of services: 35% of total price*
• 59-30 days prior to the commencement of services: 50% of total price*
• 29-1 days prior to the commencement of services: 80% of total price*
• On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
For holidays to Israel, Jordan and Greece, the following cancellation fees apply:
• 60-31 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
• 30-2 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
• 1 or less days prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price
For holidays that include a Holland America or Celestyal Crystal Cruise:
• 75-57 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
• 56-29 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
• 28-16 days prior to commencement of services: 75% of total price*
• 15-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price*
For holidays that include the Rocky Mountaineer Train or VIA Rail:
• 65-47 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
• 46-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price*
For holidays that include Botswana, or a cruise on Norwegian Cruise Lines, Stella Australis, Seamen Journey, Santa Cruz II or the Galapagos Legend:
• 90-60 days prior to commencement of services: 35% of total price*
• 59-30 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
• 29-1 days prior to commencement of services: 80% of total price*
• On day of departure or later: 100% of total price*
For holidays to Mexico, South & Central America, Asia or Africa (without cruise):
• 60-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
• 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
• 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
• On day of departure or later: 100% of total price*
For South America holidays that include the Norwegian Sun cruise
• 110-75 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
• 75-61 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
• 60-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
• 7 – 0 days prior to departure or later: 100% of total price*
For holidays including a cruise on the MV Aria:
• 90-30 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
• 29-1 days prior to commencement of services: 80% of total price*
• On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- Note: Pre-paid gratuities and port charges are not subject to cancellation fees and will be refunded in full.
- *Intra-air (internal flights within an itinerary) are non-refundable after full payment.
- Other cancellation fees may apply to holidays offered by The Company. Please check with your Travel Agent or the Company prior to booking for the latest Terms and Conditions.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services including extra night accommodation, independently supplied services and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the holiday. If flight changes (including but not limited to flight cancellations or name changes) are requested, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply in addition to the above cancellation fees (see “Revision Fees” below).
- Airline revision or change fees may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at the time of cancellation. If an air travel inclusive holiday is cancelled after air tickets have been issued, any applicable refunds will only be processed after air tickets are returned to The Company.
- Cancellation fees relating to insurance policies will be subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance provider’s policy and will incur the standard Revision Fee (see “Revision Fees” below).
- Cancellation charges are applied on the basis that they are a genuine pre-estimate of loss to The Company as it may not be possible to re-sell the bookings to another traveller at the same or any other price, and they are not intended to operate as a penalty.
- Subject to clause 132 the above cancellation charges will be applied in all cases. The Company strongly recommends you take out comprehensive travel insurance, including, but not limited to, coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, and land content and airfare charges that may arise, including due to cancellation.
- A fee of $30 per transaction will be charged for any alteration or revision made to a reservation after the deposit has been received.
- Any revision to an air travel reservation may result in the loss of confirmed airline reservations or increased airfare which will be payable by you.
- Additional airline and hotel charges may also apply and may be up to 100% of the full price. A change of traveller name, holiday date, or itinerary after the final payment date will be treated as a full cancellation and new reservation; holiday cancellation fees (as above) apply.
- Any request for refunds is subject to clause 132 and these Terms and Conditions. To the fullest extent permitted by law no refund will be made for unused services (including early or enforced departure/disembarkation), for unused transportation where group activity tickets are involved, or for voluntary modifications made by the traveller.
- For Globus Private touring, changes made at your discretion en route to tour features or tour services (e.g. meals, included sightseeing, etc.) are not refundable nor exchangeable for other services.
IF YOUR HOLIDAY HAS BEEN CHANGED OR CANCELLED
- The Company reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any holiday departure in accordance with operational requirements or circumstances beyond its control (including force majeure, see Force Majeure section below). If a holiday is cancelled prior to the scheduled departure date, then subject to clause 132 The Company’s only responsibility will be, to the fullest extent permitted by the law, to refund the amount received for the reservation. Wherever possible, The Company will offer the same holiday with a different departure date or an alternative similar holiday but there is no guarantee of availability of offering. If there is a difference in cost, it will be your expense. For air-inclusive holidays, The Company will try to confirm air schedules for the selected new dates, subject to availability. The Company is not responsible for any additional costs or fees relating to the issuance and/or cancellation of air tickets or other travel arrangements not made through The Company.
- The accommodation listed in The Company brochures and websites is intended to be used on all departures. However hotels are not guaranteed. The Company reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed on the itinerary pages, if a change becomes necessary for any reason, substitute accommodation will be equivalent or higher quality in standard to that shown. No refunds or other compensation will be provided for accommodation variations. Should you wish to cancel your holiday due to a hotel change, full cancellation penalties as noted in the ‘cancellation fees’ section will apply.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE ON YOUR HOLIDAY
Baggage Allowance & Liability
- Porterage (luggage transport) at hotels and onto and off the motorcoach or river cruise ship for one suitcase per person travelling is included in the holiday price, except where porterage is unavailable for reasons beyond The Company’s control. Porterage at hotels is not included on Cosmos Lite holidays. Airport and train station porterage is not included. Be prepared to carry your own suitcase on and off airplanes and trains and through airports and train stations. Regulations within most airports require travellers to handle their own luggage through Customs.
- On Cosmos Lite holidays, porterage at hotels is not included. Be prepared to carry your own suitcase on and off airplanes and trains, through airports and train stations and to/from your hotel room.
- Your single bag should not exceed the dimensions of 76x53x28cm (30”x21”x11”) and weight of 22kg (50lbs). We are unable to accept a second suitcase or any luggage exceeding these limits except on Avalon Europe holiday itineraries. Some holidays have more restrictive regulations than these listed above. Please refer to your Travel Documents under Packing & Preparation in the “Helpful hints and information” section for applicable regulations.
- The following exceptions apply for Escorted & Independent holidays:
- In South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Botswana’s Chobe National Park your bag should have dimensions not exceeding 76x53x28cm (30"x21"x11" - 62" linear dimensions) or weight exceeding 20kg (44lbs).
- On vacations including Botswana’s Okavango Delta, due to limited space on charter planes, luggage must be soft-sided with dimensions not exceeding 66x30x25cm (26"x12"x10" - 48" linear dimensions) or weight exceeding 20kg (44 lbs) including hand luggage. Hard-sided bags and any other inflexible luggage, including those with pull handles and wheels are not permitted on the charter planes.
- In Kenya and Tanzania, due to limited capacity on safari vehicles and flights, your bag must be soft-sided with dimensions not exceeding 76x53x28cm (30"x21"x11" - 62" linear dimensions) or weight exceeding 15kg (33 lbs) including hand luggage.
- We will not accept a second suitcase or any luggage exceeding these limits on any vacation. Some vacations have more restrictive regulations than listed above.
- For travel to Cuba: Participants are limited to one checked bag and one carry-on per person (purses and laptop cases are excluded), total weight not to exceed 20kg, which is included in your program cost. Baggage over this limit will incur additional fees which are not included in the tour price and are payable at the airport to the airline directly.
- For Asia holidays: Tours with Intra-Air have a baggage weight limit of 20kg (44 lbs), 15kg (33lbs) in India, per person. Baggage over this limit will incur additional fees which are not included in the tour price and are payable at the airport to the airline directly.
- The following exceptions apply for Avalon Asia cruises
- Avalon Asia cruises with Intra-holiday Air (excluding cruise codes WSH and WHS) have a baggage weight limit of 20kg (44lbs) per person. Baggage over this limit will incur additional fees which are not included in the holiday price and are payable at the airport to the airline directly.
- Air carrier restrictions may vary from the limitations listed above. Size and weight limitations for carry-on and checked baggage vary from airline to airline and even according to destination, and are becoming more restrictive. Most airlines charge fees for checked baggage and these fees are not included in the airfare or the holiday package price. Please check with your airline(s) directly for baggage information, regulations and fees. The Company is not responsible for additional fees imposed by air carriers for baggage and these must be sorted with the airline directly. You will be required to pay these fees directly to the airline at check-in.
- Carry-on baggage on tour is limited to one bag per person travelling and must not exceed the dimensions of 30x28x14cm (12”x11”x6”). For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable and will not be permitted as hand luggage on motorcoaches and mini-buses. Carry-on bags must be small enough to store in overhead bins or under the seat in front of you on motorcoaches and other transportation.
- Subject to clause 132 The Company will not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to baggage or any of the traveller’s belongings throughout the duration of the holiday unless you prove that the damage resulted from an act or omission on our part, or that of our employees or agents acting within the scope of their employment, done with intent to cause damage or recklessly and with knowledge that damage would probably result. The Company recommends that you ensure that loss of or damage to baggage is included in your comprehensive travel insurance. Travellers are strongly encouraged to not bring valuables such as jewellery and large amounts of cash. Any such valuables should not be left in baggage out of the control of the traveller.
Emergency Contact Details
- All passengers must provide emergency contact details, passport information and travel insurance information prior to travel. This includes contact details for a family member or friend not travelling with you so The Company can contact them in the rare case of an emergency, as well as an on tour contact for you, i.e mobile, for use by the Tour or Cruise Director. Emergency contact and travel insurance details must be provided by creating a customer account (MyAccount) at www.globusfamily.co.nz and following the instructions given. This must be completed prior to travel documentation being released. If this personal information is not provided you will not be permitted to travel.
- Travel Documents, including e-ticket itineraries, are available approximately 2-3 weeks prior to departure provided full invoice payment, Emergency Contact details, passport details and travel insurance information has been received, and passengers have acknowledged the Globus family of brands Terms and Conditions via their customer MyAccount. A service charge will be applied where multiple copies of documentation are requested. Alternatively, e-documentation maybe issued.
- All travel documents for Cosmos Lite and Escapes by Globus holidays are electronic. Printed documentation may be requested.
- Acceptance on the holiday is subject to presentation of your Tour / Cruise Member Certificate, which details the services you have purchased from The Company and which will be available in your final Travel Documents booklet on page 1-1. You will also need any pre-purchased airport transfer, pre/post accommodation and gratuity vouchers found in your travel documents booklet.
WHILE ON HOLIDAY
Air Travel Arrangements
- The Company is not responsible if an airline cancels, reschedules, varies or delays a flight for any reason. You must work with the airline directly to reach your destination or to make any alternate arrangements including amendments to return services. Airline fees often apply for modifications to air schedules not related to airline imposed flight cancellations, reschedules, variations or delays. These fees will be payable to the airline by you directly at time of request.
- If you miss your departure flight or connection, it is your responsibility to work with the airline on which you are ticketed to reach your destination. No refunds will be provided by The Company for portions of trips missed due to cancelled, rescheduled, varied or delayed flights, nor is The Company responsible for any additional expenses you may incur prior to joining your trip if you miss your departure flight or flight connection.
- The Company will not be responsible for any loss resulting from cancellation or changes in international gateways, itineraries, or travel dates. We recommend that you do not purchase airline tickets with high penalty charges for changes.
- After departure, if the services included in the holiday cannot be supplied, or there are changes in an itinerary for reasons beyond the control of The Company, The Company will arrange for the provision of comparable services wherever possible. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any resulting additional expense will be payable by travellers and any resulting savings will be refunded by The Company to travellers.
- The Company reserves the right to make changes in the itinerary whenever The Company considers it necessary for the comfort, convenience or safety of travellers, and/or to cancel a holiday at any time in accordance with operational requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
- In hotels, every effort is made to reserve only twin-bedded rooms. Occasionally, some hotels will only provide double-bedded rooms. These rooms will be allocated to couples where possible. Room and bed preferences may be requested but are not guaranteed. Triple-room configuration (where offered) is at the discretion of individual hotels and are the same size as twin-bedded rooms. Triple room configuration is at the discretion of individual hotels. Triple rooms will have beds to accommodate three people, but three separate beds cannot be guaranteed. The additional bed, if available, is often a rollaway bed put in for the night. If there are only two beds, a roll-away may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. If available, additional charges may apply for a roll-away and are payable by you directly to the hotel. Some hotels do not offer triple rooms. When a triple room is not available, hotels may provide one twin-bedded room and one single room.
- Payment for a single supplement ensures your own room, not necessarily a twin or double bedded room. Single rooms in hotels are generally smaller in size and may be less conveniently located. On overnight ferries, single cabins may not be available or are limited and singles may be asked to share.
- On cruises, specific stateroom numbers are subject to change (within the same category type) and are finalised upon embarkation.
- Check-in times vary worldwide and The Company cannot control or guarantee check-in times.
- In exceptional cases where private bath or single rooms as reserved by us are not available, then subject to clause 132 appropriate partial refunds will be made by the Cruise Director, Tour Director, or Local Host. Claims for such refunds will not be processed after the holiday has been completed.
- In the rare event that included train or air services are unavailable, alternate services will be provided. Itinerary timings are approximate and are subject to change.
Authority to remove or refuse passengers
- In the sole discretion of The Company, The Company may refuse transport to any passenger or may require any passenger to leave the tour if it is reasonably believed that the passenger (1) is dangerous to others or to himself or herself; (2) has engaged in, is engaged in, or is threatening to engage in, behaviour that may adversely affect the safety, security, comfort, enjoyment, or well-being of other passengers or representatives of The Company, including, but not limited to, behaviour that is disruptive, verbally abusive, physically abusive, obnoxious, harassing, discriminatory, or obscene; or (3) has failed or refused, or is failing or refusing, to follow The Company rules and procedures or the instructions of The Company or its representatives. In the event a passenger is removed, such passenger may be left at any city without any liability to The Company or its representatives. The Company shall not be required to refund any portion of the price paid by any passenger who is removed under the terms of this paragraph, nor shall The Company be responsible for expenses for lodging, medical care, meals, transportation, or any other expenses incurred by the passenger. The Company shall be entitled to recover from the passenger any costs or expenses incurred by The Company or its representatives in the removal of the passenger or the exercise or enforcement of this clause.
Medical and Health
- The Company does not employ medical personnel.Any medical attention you require while traveling with The Company must be sought through a local medical facility, if/when available, for diagnosis and treatment where appropriate.All related charges are at your expense. The Company cannot guarantee the availability of medical facilities or the quality of the care or services.
- The Company reserves the right to remove or quarantine any passenger who shows signs of illness, or who poses a threat to the safety and health of other passengers. Removal or quarantine of passengers for any health, safety or behaviour related assessment is at the sole discretion of The Company or the Ship’s Operator or the captain. Any costs incurred for medical assessments, diagnosis, treatment and/or any other medically related charges are your responsibility to pay and are due at time of services. Passengers will be allowed to re-join the tour or cruise with confirmed medical certification from a licensed health practitioner indicating fitness to travel without causing harm or posing a safety threat to you and/or other passengers.
- During the course of your cruise, tour, or excursion, you may encounter the opportunity to participate in additional, optional activities that are provided by independent third-party suppliers.The suppliers of those optional services may render those services subject to separate and additional terms and conditions, or may require you to execute additional documents, waivers, or releases.It is understood that any assumptions of liability, waivers, or releases that are part of the suppliers’ terms and conditions or that are required by those independent suppliers will also inure to the benefit of International Holidays, Avalon Waterways, Globus, Cosmos and Monograms.
- 100.Signing of a Liability Release is required on Active Discovery cruises.On the first day of the cruise, the Cruise Director will ask you to sign this Liability Release. You can view a copy of the Liability Release by accessing the following link: Avalonwaterways.co.nz/waivers.
- 101.For operational reasons, not all optional excursions listed in the tour/cruise itineraries in print, online, or in travel documents may be available during your holiday. Your Tour or Cruise Director, or Local Host will advise of availability while on the tour, cruise or city stay.
- 102.Optional excursions may be purchased 90 days in advance of travel via MyAccount. Booking and cancellation conditions apply (refer to the ‘Pre-paid Optionals’ Terms & Conditions on MyAccount)
Exclusion of Liability for Optional Excursions & Activities
- 103.Carriers, accommodation providers, and other suppliers (“the Suppliers”) (including but not limited to trains, cruises, ferries, motor coaches, hotels, and restaurants) providing optional activities and excursions (“the Services”) available for booking are not run, supervised, or controlled in any way by The Company. These Services are provided by local operators or other third parties that are entirely independent of The Company, which has no control and has no right of control over the operations of these independent contractors. Such Services do not form any part of the product or services sold by The Company, even where The Company suggests particular operators/other third parties and/or assists in booking such Services.
- 104.Your contract for the Services will be with the Supplier and will be subject to its Terms and Conditions, which may contain exclusions or limitations of liability. Subject to clause 132 to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Company has no liability for any such activity or excursion or for any act(s) or omission(s) of the Supplier or for any of its employees or agents or any other person(s) connected with the Service. Any advice or assistance on or with the Service provided by any local representative does not mean or imply that the Service is sold, supervised, or controlled by The Company or that any such advice or assistance is given on behalf of The Company. Travellers must check all details with the Supplier and the applicable Terms and Conditions before booking.
Exclusion of Liability for Itinerary Changes, Cancellations and double docking
- 105.The Company will do everything it reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan, however, sometimes changes beyond thecontrol of The Company can happen which may affect your holiday experience. In the event of water level problems on stretches of any waterway, flood, fire, drought, earthquake, explosion, peril of navigation, mechanical difficulties, industrial action, civil unrest, war, government order or act, operational requirements, or any circumstances beyond reasonable control of The Company, The Company may cancel or vary your holiday. In some circumstances it may be necessary to operate all or part of the itinerary by a substitute vessel or by motor coach and hotel accommodation, or to otherwise cancel or alter the holiday. The Company is committed to protecting your health and safety at all times. The Company will not be responsible for any loss or expense caused by reason of such changes.
- 106.In the event of charters of the vessels, strikes, lockouts, riots or stoppage of labour for whatever cause or for any other reason whatsoever, The Company may at any time cancel, advance or postpone any scheduled sailing and may, but is not obliged to, substitute another vessel and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to tour/cruise participants by reason of any such cancellation, advancement or postponement.
- 107.The Company reserves the right to cancel, advance or postpone any scheduled tour and/or sailing date in accordance with unforeseen operational requirements or circumstances beyond its control and may, but is not obliged to, substitute another vessel, and subject to clause 132 The Company shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to holiday participants by reason of any such cancellation, advancement or postponement. In the event of cancellation by The Company under this clause, to the fullest extent permitted by law, tour/cruise participants’ only right of recourse shall be to a refund of monies paid to The Company in connection with such tour/cruise.
- 108.On Avalon Waterways river cruises, docking positions at each port are assigned by local authorities, and river cruise companies have no control over where they can dock. This can sometimes result in double-docking, when more than one ship is assigned to the same dock and the ships are rafted together, temporarily obstructing the view. Double docking may also make access to the ship more difficult. Avalon Waterways will not be responsible for any inconvenience or access problems caused by reasons of such assignment.
- 109.Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your holiday (except for Cosmos Lite), unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, hospitality staff at hotels for nights purchased through The Company, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your Tour Director, Local Hosts®, Local Guides, driver, and ship’s crew are not included in the holiday price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- No gratuities are included for Cosmos Lite. All gratuities are at your discretion.
- 111.If you have prepaid your gratuities to your Tour/Cruise Director and Driver/Crew or if they are already included in the price of the holiday, this will be detailed within your Tour/Cruise Member Certificate and vouchers will be included within your Tour Documentation. Please note that included gratuities for Avalon Europe cover the cruise director, crew and local guides for the cruise portion only; prepaid tour gratuities (where available) cover only the Tour Director and Driver for the land portion operated by The Company of the core tour itinerary. Where The Company sources other operators for cruising, rail or local guided elements of your holiday, the option to pre-pay local gratuities is not available. The option to pre-pay gratuities may not be available on select tours.
- 112.Unless otherwise specified on your invoice, transfers arranged by The Company are provided by independent transportation suppliers and are group transfers operated by motorcoach and may have pre-set departure times. The Company is not responsible for flight delays, delays in immigration or Customs, delays due to lost baggage, or delays for any reason beyond our control if you miss your transfer. Where a transfer was purchased in addition to any tour or cruise package, it is not refundable. If the transfer was included as part of any tour package, then no refund will be offered for any unused transfers.
Holidays & Special events
- 113.During local or national holidays or special events, peak seasons, on Sundays and during religious occasions, certain facilities such as museums, places of worship, restaurants, sightseeing tours, hotels and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered whenever possible. The Company will not be held responsible for any such closures, necessary itinerary changes or curtailments in circumstances beyond its control.
European Christmas Markets
- 114.Please note that markets generally operate from late November until the third week of December. This is dependent on location and may vary from year to year.
Smoking & Illegal Drugs
- 115.On land based itineraries, smoking is not allowed on transportation exclusively provided by The Company. On cruise ships, smoking is restricted to certain areas of the vessel. Smoking includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, e-cigars or any other smoking device.
- 116.On river cruise itineraries, Smoking is not allowed on transportation that is exclusively provided by Avalon. On cruise ships, smoking is restricted to certain areas of the vessel. Smoking includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, e-cigars or any other smoking device.
- 117.Smoking is not allowed in Cosmos “guaranteed share” hotel rooms.
- 118.Many hotels, restaurants and other venues are smoke-free or have non-smoking regulations in public spaces. Smoking may be restricted to certain areas or not allowed. You are responsible to abide by all third-party smoking policies.
- 119.Most hotels have imposed a 100% non-smoking policy. If you require a smoking room a request may be submitted, but we cannot guarantee availability.
- 120.Any carriage or possession of illegal drugs will result in immediate termination of the holiday. You are responsible for knowing and observing the laws for drug possession for all countries and states you are visiting. Repatriation is at your expense.
- 121.The Company assumes no liability for any loss, damage, or entry of any nature in whole or in part resulting from an Act of God or any other force majeure condition outside The Company's control including without limitation: fire, volcanic eruption, environmental pollution or contamination, inclement weather, earthquake, low or high water levels, flood, water or power shortages or failures, tropical storms or hurricanes, riots or civil commissions or disturbances, and any other acts of a similar nature, sabotage, arrests, strikes or labour disruptions, restraint of rulers or peoples, expropriations, acts of terrorism, war, insurrection, quarantine restrictions, government health advisories, or warnings or alerts of any kind of nature, government seizures, refusal or cancellation or suspension or delay of any government authority or any license, permit or authorization, damages to its facilities or the travel supplier and its facilities, or any other unforeseen circumstances or any other factors outside The Company's control that impacts negatively on, or hampers, its ability to fulfil any of its contractual conditions. In the event that any of these conditions apply, to the fullest extent permitted by law The Company shall be excused, discharged, and released from performance to the extent such performance is so limited or prevented, without liability of any kind.
- 122.On Escorted tours, The Company follows a mandatory, daily seat rotation on motorcoaches. For the enjoyment of all passengers, you must adhere to the rules of the Tour Director regarding seat rotation. Alcohol consumption is not allowed on board motorcoaches.
- 123.Many local laws require the use of seatbelts when travelling. When seatbelts are provided you are responsible for wearing your seatbelt. To the fullest extent permitted by law, The Company is not liable, nor are our service providers, for any loss, damage or claims resulting from any accident or incident if you were not wearing your seatbelt at the time of the accident or incident when the motorcoach was equipped with them.
- 124.For tours/cruises where WiFi is available on the motorcoach or cruise ship, WiFi connectivity is provided by an independent third party with separate terms & conditions of usage and acceptance thereof. These can be made available on request. Free connectivity features browsing only; downloading is not available. In some regions (including South & Central America) and remote areas, Wi-Fi coverage is unavailable, so some tours/cruises may not offer this service. Wi-Fi connectivity is not guaranteed, and is often disrupted, unavailable, and slower internationally than you may be accustomed to.
AFTER YOUR HOLIDAY
Service enquiries after the Holiday
- 125.As it is difficult and sometimes impossible to properly investigate a complaint if The Company is not advised of such complaint quickly, any compensation you may have been able to claim could be reduced or even forfeited if you do not follow the complaints procedure set out in this clause.
- 126.After returning from your holiday, if you wish to enquire about any services provided, please ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by Globus family of brands Client Relations, International Holidays Ltd (see address under “Contact details” below).
- 127.Any complaint or claim involving the holiday services offered in the company brochures or on the company website, involving the negligence of any suppliers, sub-contractors, or agents in relation to any service provided to the holiday participant, must be notified to The Company while on holiday or as soon as possible upon return from the holiday.
Responsibility and Exclusion of Liability
- 128.Subject to clauses 103 to 108 above, The Company is responsible for providing the services on the basis set out in and described in these terms, including arranging transportation, sightseeing, and accommodation. All references to The Company include its agents and employees.
- 129.These tours include the services of operators other than The Company, for example accommodation providers, airlines, other carriers, and optional tour operators (“the Suppliers”). In making your travel arrangements The Company acts only as an agent for the Suppliers who are independent contractors and are not agents, employees, or servants of, or in joint venture with, The Company or its affiliates. From time-to-time, and for the purpose of identifying those independent third-party suppliers of services as the provider of a component or part of a Globus, Cosmos or Monograms package or tour or Avalon cruise, package or tour, some or all of those entities may utilise the name “Globus”, “Cosmos”, “Monograms” or “Avalon” on promotional media, signage, or attire.Although you may see the name “Globus”, “Cosmos”, “Monograms” or “Avalon” on vehicles, signs, apparel, or elsewhere during your tour, cruise or excursion, its use by third-party suppliers is solely for the purpose of identification and does not represent or signify in any way ownership, management, supervision, or control by the Company of services that are provided by independent third party suppliers or of the employees, servants, or agents of the third-party suppliers. All certificates and other travel documents for services issued by The Company are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the Supplier, which are available on request, and to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied. While The Company takes all reasonable care in selecting the Suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, it does not accept responsibility for any act or omission of the Suppliers that takes place outside of the Company’s control.
- 130.The international carriage of passengers is subject to international conventions and treaties where applicable. These international conventions and treaties limit and, in some events, exclude the carrier’s liability to travellers. Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or involves any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, inland waterways, rail, or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, to the fullest extent permitted by law The Company’s maximum liability is the maximum which would be payable by the carrier or the hotel keeper concerned under the applicable international convention, treaty or regulation applicable to the travel arrangements or hotel stay. International conventions and treaties that may apply include: the Montreal Convention (1999), the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air, signed at Warsaw, 12 October 1929 (the Warsaw Convention), the Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague on 28 September 1955 and the Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague and by Additional Protocol No. 1, 2 or 4 of Montreal (1975) and the EU Regulation on Air Carrier Liability for air carriers with an operating license granted by an EU country, in relation to air travel; the Berne Convention for rail travel; Athens Convention 1974 for carriage by sea; the Geneva Convention for carriage by road and the Paris Convention 1962 for hotels.
- 131.Booking and payment for a tour or cruise shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the most current terms & conditions which cannot be varied, except in writing by an officer of The Company.
- 132.Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to restrict, modify or limit any rights or guarantees that you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Despite anything else contained in these terms and conditions the parties agree and acknowledge that if they are both in trade, and that the goods and services supplied by The Company and acquired by you are supplied or acquired in trade,that the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply to the agreement between us.
- 133.To the fullest extent permitted by law, The Company excludes all liability including liability for any loss, damage, costs and expenses whatsoever (including property loss) that may arise in connection with or arising out of your holiday and liability under implied conditions, and warranties and guarantees except any guarantees, the exclusion of which would cause this Clause to be void, such guarantees being referred to in these conditions as “non-excludable guarantees”.
- 134.You agree that neither The Company nor its affiliates shall be liable for any damage, loss (including property loss) or expense occasioned by any act or omission of any Supplier providing services, or of any insurer or insurance administrator, or of any other third party.
- 135.These terms and conditions are governed by and subject to the laws of New Zealand. Legal proceedings against The Company may be instituted only in a court within New Zealand, and any claim involved in such proceedings shall be decided in accordance with New Zealand Law. To the fullest extent permitted by law neither the Company nor any affiliate shall in any case be liable for other than compensatory damages, and you hereby waive any right to punitive or aggravated damages. No person, other than an authorised representative of the Company by a document in writing, is authorised to vary, add, or waive any term or condition in this brochure/website, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions. References to any statutory provision include any statutory provision which amends or replaces it, and any by law, regulation, order, statutory instrument, determination or subordinate legislation made under it.
- 136.No person, other than an authorised representative of The Company by a document in writing, is authorised to vary, add, or waive any term or condition on its website or in the brochure, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions.
GLOBUS and EVERY JOURNEYS TELLS A STORY, are trade and service marks owned and/or applied for and/or registered by Globus Gateway Ltd. Inc., in the New Zealand Register of Trademarks and in other global jurisdictions. International Holidays Ltd., is an authorised user of the trade and service marks GLOBUS and EVERY JOURNEYS TELLS A STORY owned by Globus Gateway Ltd. Inc.
COSMOS is a trademark owned and/or applied for and/or registered by Cosmos European Travels AG, in the New Zealand Register of Trademarks and in other global jurisdictions. International Holidays Ltd., is an authorised user of the trade and service mark COSMOS owned by Cosmos European Travels AG.
AVALON WATERWAYS, and other AVALON formative marks, are trade and service marks owned and/or applied for and/or registered by Avalon Waterways Inc., in the New Zealand Register of Trademarks and in other global jurisdictions. International Holidays Ltd., is an authorised user of the trade and service mark AVALON WATERWAYS and other AVALON formative marks owned by Avalon Waterways Inc.
MONOGRAMS is a trademark owned and/or applied for and/or registered by Globus Gateway Ltd. Inc., in the New Zealand Register of Trademarks and in other global jurisdictions. International Holidays Ltd., is an authorised user of the trade and service mark MONOGRAMS owned by Globus Gateway Ltd. Inc.
International Holidays Ltd
PO Box 4322 Auckland
New Zealand 1010
Agent Reservations Only:
Telephone: (09) 3795375
Freephone: 0800 456287
Fax: (09) 3799239
Agent Online Reservations available at:
Feedback and/or Service Enquiries After your Holiday:
Should you wish to contact The Company after returning from your holiday, please contact us at: